Multiple Casual Opportunities - Day Programs
Our vision is we aim to create a world where everybody belongs and everybody grows.
Our Disability Services day program is designed to help you live the life you deserve, it’s a centre where clients come to enjoy activities and engage in community where gaining life skills and confidence.
Our day programs cater for people with high to low support needs this may include clients who use wheelchairs and other aids and we provide additional support for their medical and care needs.
Clients may attend weekdays for day programs or weekends for community participation in programs that are appropriate to the individual’s level of disability and goals.
Our Support workers engage with clients to development skills through activities like; cooking, music, craft, leisure sports, reading, singing any many more.
The role of a Disability Support Worker, Day Programs is to provide support to our clients with a disability; with a strong focus on developing the skills of each individual by enriching their lives through creative activities that they can enjoy and participate in.
- You are passionate about supporting clients with disabilities and advancing and empowering the lives of others.
- You are compassionate and demonstrates empathy.
- You able to handle complex or challenging situations calmly and rationally.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Well developed and effective communication, numerical and interpersonal skills with the capability to engage and develop strong relationships with clients and others.
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite particularly MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Flexibility with working hours including working in the evening and weekends as required.
- NDIS Workers Screening Check/Willingness to obtain
- Covid 19 Vaccination
- Certificate III or IV in Disability Support or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding in the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) processes.
The Benefits to working with Challenge Community Services?
You will have access to:
- Competitive pay rates based on qualifications and or experience
- Flexible working hours working on a fortnightly Roster
- Continuous online training and development opportunities
- Annual Flu Vaccination Reimbursement
- Job satisfaction – helping to make a difference in people’s lives.
How to apply
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application.
To apply and view the Position Description please click on the 'apply now' button below or visit our website: www.challengecommunity.org.au
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Johanne Yates on 0438 047 608.
Challenge Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Closes: 30 January 2022