Green Light Worldwide' s Sydney Delivery Team are looking for a Incident Manager.
The Incident Manager who will provide end-to-end ownership & management of critical service-impacting incidents. This role will drive restoration, recovery and review of major incidents based on an ITIL based incident management process, resulting in better service-related outcomes and optimised availability for customers.
The scope of customer services covered by this role is all operational services to customers post- initial installation. Responsible for the development and maintenance of documentation and a genuine understanding, respect and passion for process, this role would suit someone with experience in quality assurance and continuous improvement process and someone who can put the entire structure in place.
The processes are based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and integrate with other ITIL based processes such as Knowledge, Incident, Change and Configuration Management.
- Overseeing the major incident management process and matrix-management of team members involved in the prompt resolution of major incidents.
- Lead all of the awareness programs on Incident Management processes.
- Leading, responding, driving, facilitating, and chairing all Major Incident investigation activities, meetings, and conference calls with customers and resolver groups.
- Producing documents that outline Major incident procedures, such as how & when to escalate, communication plans, handling of cybersecurity threats or how to correct server failures.
- Collaborating with the incident and problem management teams to ensure that all processes are diligently followed.
- Ensuring all administration and reports are maintained and up to date, including contact information, technical diagrams, Post Incident Reviews (PIRs), and raising incident, problem and change records for Major Incident resolution.
- Being accountable for resolving major incidents via a workaround or permanent fix, as well as following-up on any resulting permanent resolution of Problems or documented Known Errors.
- Guiding and adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness and efficiency in the swift resolution of major incidents and problems.
- Manage an ongoing program with the client and delivery teams to identify and implement service improvement initiatives.
- Staying on top of resolution processes and initiatives and provide timely updates to business and technology leaders.
- Demonstrable experience in Major Incident, Problem or Service Delivery Manager
- Experience working in similar or related positions – ideally within the telecommunications or cloud computing industry
- Experience in influencing teams (service teams ideally) that are not direct reports
- Demonstrated ITIL process experience (Event, Incident, Change, Problem, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Incident, Problem Management and Knowledge Management (All ITSM Processes).
- Excellent client handling skills - able to work with all levels within the client portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritise issues-(think outside the box)
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and high pressure environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work largely unsupervised and see tasks through to completion without regular follow-up.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of management
Green Light is one of Australia's most successful and fastest growing IT services businesses. We offer a wide range of IT services in Security, infrastructure and Systems Integration to a diverse customer base throughout Australia, New Zealand, SE Asia and Europe.