Tenterfield Shire Council is hosting Community Engagement Forums in the RSL Pavilion (at the back of Memorial Hall) this Friday, December 1 at 10am and 2pm.
The forums aim to give community members an opportunity to raise issues important to them, and for Council staff to showcase some of the work currently being undertaken in relation to its Community Strategic Plan’s themes of Our Society and Our Economy.
Whether it’s your thoughts on sports and recreation, arts and culture, transport, health, tourism, events or employment, council representatives are keen to hear about it.
The three primary economy goals adopted within the Community Strategic Plan are:
- Tenterfield Shire’s economic base is robust, growing and supports the creation of a variety of employment and business opportunities.
- Tourism is valued, promoted and tourist are welcomes for the positive contribution they make to the community and economy.
- Our existing businesses and industry are supported to reach their full potential and provide quality goods and services both locally and to a wider market.
The five primary community goals are:
- Tenterfield Shire is a vibrant, welcoming and safe community.
- Health and quality of life are supported by a wide range of recreation and leisure opportunities.
- Our range of services and facilities support accessibility for all in our community.
- The community is welcoming, friendly, and inclusive where diverse backgrounds are respected and celebrated.
- The community learns and grows together and fosters an involved community and creative environment.
Council said it is committed to delivering responsible and sustainable services to all its towns and villages, and providing equitable access for engagement with all its community members, so come along and have your say.
For further information or to register your interest to attend contact Kim Appleby on (02) 6736 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.