It’s Australia Day and before we throw the snags on the barbie and crack a cold one there’s a few official ceremonies acknowledging the true blue Aussie citizens who have worked hard throughout the year/s to make the community what it is.
Every town across our region will be holding Australia Day Ceremonies throughout the morning to award Community citizen of the year, local sporting heroes, young citizens of the year and local events of the year.
Our team will be covering the events from Tamworth, Armidale, Gunnedah, Moree, Inverell, Walcha, Guyra, Glen Innes, Uralla, Tenterfield and Goondiwindi.
Do you want to know what to listen to this Australia Day? It might not be the Triple J Hottest 100 as they have decided not to air on Australia Day. We have put together some Aussie Classics to play in the back ground at your annual barbecue to get you through until the countdown tomorrow.
Read more about Australia Day around the region
- Australia Day in Delungra with photos and videos
- Australia Day in Inverell with photos and videos
- Moree gets into the spirit of Australia Day
- New England Firefighter gets top honour
- His honour: Tamworth Citizen of the Year reflects on 2017
- Police gear up for Australia Day double demerits
- What does Australia Day mean to Jacqui Byrne?
- What does Australia Day mean to James Gresham?
- Should we change Australia Day?
- Slice of humour gets Australia talking
- Events at Inverell