Semi-finals ready to commence

Thankyou to all who braved the weather conditions on Saturday to come out and supported our teams and help us celebrate and remember a great member of both clubs.

Congratulations to International Club who retained the Brendan Sweetman Shield with their win the Senior colts game.

The junior colts game out hard in there last game before final taking away the win 4-nil.

The final round of the season was a vital must win game for the Tenterfield ladies vying for a semi-final berth against a much-improved International team.

Under atrocious windy conditions, which whipped up a combination of dirt and grass, both teams struggled to control the ball early.

The Thunder managed to use the wind advantage and peg down the International team into their half.

After several minutes Tenterfield's Murraya Horan put some pressure on the opposition's defence and found the back of the net from close range.

With continued pressure Allana Clancy showed some fancy footwork to slot home goal number two.

Towards the end of the first forty, an attacking play down the left hand side allowed for fullback Tatyana Cook to take a long range shot and float it past the keeper.

The Thunder were in control of the match at half-time with a comfortable 3-nil lead.

International, who were desperate to clinch a spot up the ladder for a semi-finals berth, showed plenty of enthusiasm in the second-half and started to make better field position.

Midway through the half International managed to make an excellent run through the middle and the create an angled shot past Tenterfield's keeper.

International denied Tenterfield a goal in the second stanza but at the final whistle, Tenterfield finished winners 3-1.

The Thunder have been gradually improving each week with the return of a number of key players and should be very competitive over the final series.

With no semi final to play for, the Tenterfield men were hoping to play some positive football in their last game of the season.

With a number of players missing and an early injury forced the Thunder to play a defensive game.

In the tricky windy conditions the International side were denied plenty of attempts at goal through desperate defending but still managed to find the net five times in the first-half.

With the International side on the brink of a semi-final berth spot they continued to apply pressure and found the net a number of times in the second-half.

The final score did not indicate the effort put in by the Thunder under difficult circumstances. Good luck to our junior Colts and ladies teams in the semi-finals.