It was just short of a full house at Tenterfield School of Arts on Thursday night for the now-biennial Tenterfield Business & Tourism Awards.
With local business struggling with the repercussions of drought and fire, the gathering was more a celebration of survival, tagged the Bugger the Drought Gala Dinner.
The Commercial Boutique Hotel won the ultimate Business Chamber-sponsored Business of the Year category, with Go Vita Tenterfield Health in the runner-up position.
READ MORE: Popular pick earns special recognition
In other categories:
- Event of the Year (sponsored by Tenterfield Star): Tenterfield Oracles of the Bush. Highly commended: Beat of the Bush Winter School Program.
- Apprentice/Trainee of the Year (sponsored by Apprenticeships Support Australia): Jake Smith of Ray White Rural Tenterfield.
- Employee of the Year (sponsored by Rebel Media): Kirsty Ware of KLAS Business + Accounting. Highly commended: Libby Sharpe of Ray White Rural Tenterfield and Tim Dillon of Commercial Boutique Hotel.
- Excellence in Micro Business (sponsored by Tenterfield Shire Council): Little Magnolia Florist. Highly commended: Go Vita Tenterfield Health and The Mobile Vet Team.
- Excellence in Small Business (sponsored by Janelle Saffin MP): Ray White Rural Tenterfield. Highly commended: Wilshire & Co - Tenterfield (CRT).
- Excellence in Business (sponsored by BEST Employment): Commercial Boutique Hotel. Highly commended: KLAS Business + Accounting and Our Place Wine and Espresso Bar.
- Excellence in Tourism (sponsored by KLAS Business + Accounting): Commercial Boutique Hotel. Highly commended: Make It Tenterfield.
- Excellence in Agriculture/Agribusiness (sponsored by Peter and Kate Petty): Moore Eggs. Highly commended: Wilshire & Co - Tenterfield (CRT).
- Excellence in Innovation (sponsored by Regional Development Australia - Northern Inland): The Mobile Vet Team. Highly commended: KLAS Business + Accounting.
- Excellence in Sustainability (sponsored by Ray White Rural & Livestock): Go Vita Tenterfield Health. Highly commended: Moore Eggs.
- Disability, Inclusion & Access Award (sponsored by Digital IQ): Commercial Boutique Hotel. Highly commended: Golfers Inn.
Here's how the awardees and presenters lined up for their group photo...