Drought support officers are touring the region dropping in to community halls and other venues for a quick catch-up over the coming days, to let landholders know what assistance is available.
They can advise on applications for Rotary debit cards to the value of $500 to be spent locally.
One-off cash payments of $3000 are also still available through the Salvation Army. Those eligible to apply include not only landholders living with the effects of drought but also farm suppliers, contractors, and those that work on farms or in abattoirs or saleyards.
Our own Jodie Magner (NSW DPI) is doing the tour along with Sandy McNaughton (National Drought and Flood Agency) and Mark Bulley (NSW Farmers Association), so swing by for a chat and see what support is out there for you.
The team were at Woodenbong, Urbenville and Liston today (Wednesday), but you can find them also at:
Thursday, November 12:
- Tabulam Hall from 9.30am to 10.30am
- Drake Village Support Centre from Noon to 1pm
- Wallangarra School of Arts from 3.30pm to 4.30pm (Qld time)
Friday, November 13:
- Steinbrook Hall from 9.30am to 10.30am
- Stannum Rosedale Woolshed (289 Redhill Rd) from 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- Bolivia Hall from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
Saturday, November 14:
- Deepwater Hall for Our shout morning tea from 10am to 11.30am.