Farrer Memorial Agricultural High School is the only government operated boys’ agricultural school in Australia.
It has established an enviable reputation as a centre of excellence in academics, agriculture, welfare and sports programs.
Catering to the education of both day and boarding students Farrer is set on 191 hectares of prime agricultural land, 10 kilometres from Tamworth.
By creating a safe and supportive environment within the school, staff have developed an atmosphere of harmonious cooperation that is the best setting for student productivity and growth.
“This allows students to achieve their educational objectives while forming memorable experiences and mateship that last a lifetime,” according to principal Clint Gallagher.
“If you are puzzled about which high school will be the right fit for your son maybe Farrer has the answer.”
Mr Gallagher said there were a number of reasons to consider Farrer for your son.
- A broad curriculum offering academic, practical and creative learning opportunities taught by a cohesive, collaborative teaching team
- A homely environment giving a sense of belonging where boys grow into men
- Staff dedicated to the well-being and welfare of all students
- A 78 year tradition of pride in our school with core values of respect, excellence and fairness
- A comprehensive program of extra-curricula activities
- Encouragement to all students to achieve their potential to gain the skills necessary for meaningful employment and career opportunities
- Fully operational farm for student participation and experience in agricultural pursuits
- Extensive sport involvement and great sporting facilities
- Commitment to academic excellence
- Affordability – unsurpassed value for money
The school will host an Experience Day for Year 5 students to be held on Friday, November 10. To find out more or to participate call 6764 8600 or visit www.farrer.nsw.edu.au.