The Commonwealth Bank Tenterfield branch has joined Share the Dignity's #itsinthebag campaign, setting up a collection point for women's bags, filled with life essentials for women and girls who are in need this Christmas.
#ItsInTheBag is Share the Dignity's annual event where they encourage everyday Australians to put together bags filled with essential items, to donate to someone in need for Christmas.
Tenterfield Commonwealth Bank branch manager Gemma Taylor said she was thrilled to be supporting the initiative.
"We are thrilled to be supporting Share the Dignity and their campaign. Share the Dignity provide an opportunity to make life better for a woman or girl experiencing homelessness or poverty in our local community, especially in the lead into Christmas," she said.
The team are hoping to collect 30 bags of gifted items to donate.
Tenterfield is just one of many Commonwealth Branches in Regional NSW/ACT who are also supporting the initiative.
If you'd like to donate, it's simple:
- Find a good condition or new bag to fill (e.g. handbag, backpack or duffel)
- Fill the bag with essential items
- You can then add in some extra special additions and a handwritten note
- Tell your friends about #ItsInTheBag
- Take to your local participating CommBank Branch between November 19 and 26
- Feel warm and fuzzy for making someone feel special at Christmas
For further info, please visit: https://www.sharethedignity.org.au/itsinthebag